Handmade Face Masks
Bee Sew Busy
Handmade fabric face masks made with 2 layers of cotton and elastic ear loops. Note that these do not have a nose wire.
Sorry, we cannot guarantee specific patterns or colours but can give you generally masculine vs feminine designs. Adult size fits most everyone and for younger children or a smaller face, you can tie a small knot in each elastic.
PLEASE NOTE: Fabric face masks are NOT a replacement for professional-grade surgical masks. However, many care organizations and hospitals are asking the sewing community to make fabric masks since they can help in reducing the risk of respiratory viral transmission in two ways:
- They can help prevent the wearer from touching their face with unclean hands.
- They can prevent you from spreading the virus to others if you are an untested carrier of a virus.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, as much as possible, please stay home! However, when you need to go out to buy groceries or supplies, these masks can be helpful especially when you are around vulnerable populations and the elderly.
Instructions for Use:
- Wash the mask in hot water and laundry detergent before first use.
- Wash your hands before touching and putting on the mask
- Pay special attention when putting on and removing the face mask and storing it. Do not touch the inner layer of the mask. You can recognize the inner layer by its colour. Hold the ends of the elastic when handling the face mask.
- Do not wear the face mask longer than necessary.
- Replace the face mask with a new one if it becomes damp.
- Place the mask in a plastic bag immediately after use.
- Sterilize the mask as often as possible (at least once a day) by washing it in hot water and laundry detergent.