Retail Sales Associate
Location: 78 Victoria Street East, Alliston, ON L9R 1L5
Apply By: May 22, 2021
Start Date: June 7, 2021
End Date: September 12, 2021
Hours: 21 hours per week (3 days)
Type: Part-Time Contract (14 weeks)
Eligibility: This job is being offered under the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Note that applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30. Applicants must also be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents. This is a part-time, contract position running from June through September of 2021 with possibility to be extended.
About the Position:
We’re searching for a friendly, hard-working person who is interested in sales and marketing in a small, general goods/gift store environment. The candidate will work out of our store located in Alliston, Ontario.
- Handle cash and debit/credit sales using Shopify point-of-sale system.
- Package customer purchases and gift purchases.
- Pack online orders and prepare for pickup or delivery.
- Ensure customers can find the products they are looking for including providing details on products and making product suggestions.
- Learn about all products, vendors and new weekly products including use/application of furniture paints and finishing products.
- Welcome customers, provide timely and efficient customer service, and ensure customers feel attended to.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Ensure store security.
- Assist with merchandising, stocking shelves, maintaining displays.
- Assist with inventory management.
- Follow cleaning and pandemic-related procedures.
- Assist in general dusting, vacuuming, garbage/recycling.
- Assist at special events such as outdoor markets and workshops.
- Assist with social media marketing.
Ideal Qualifications, Skills and Expertise:
- Passionate about art, gourmet food, product design, home décor and handmade crafts.
- Highly efficient and organized—some days can be fast-paced.
- Customer service experience.
- Prior experience in grocery and/or retail an asset.
Physical Requirements and Certification:
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes up to 50 lbs
- Workplace is not accessible – stairs between upper and lower floor.
- Ability to work 7-hour shifts, standing most of the time.
- Daily shifts are 10am to 5pm, but some flexibility may be needed to work occasional shifts during evenings and weekends.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or confirmed refugee status and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- $15 per hour plus employee discount.
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume to the attention of Carol Austin, Owner, in person during store hours or by email at email@example.com
Concession Road Mercantile is committed to inclusion and diversity and welcomes all applicants who meet the requirements outlined above.
Thank you in advance for your interest and time in applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.